Ivy School Parent Teacher Association (PTA) General Meeting Agenda
Council & Committee Chairs Present:
Beth, Leah, Jenny, JacQueline, Heidi, Muriah, Becky
Lisa, Kari, Amy
Motion to approve Nov 18, 2015 Ivy PTA general meeting minutes. Approved.
- Bank account balance $20,159.38
- Chinook Book fundraising net $2620
- Read-and-Write-a-Thon net $10,266
- Monster Bowl net $490
- Donations $250
- Ivy PTA now on AmazonSmile (different from Ivy School)
- Regarding Discretionary fund for Materials/Supplies for each classroom (managed by Room Parents): Currently, $300/class/school year. Cat and Anna to discuss together how to coordinate this endeavor (letting room parents know how this process works, keeping tally of the monies, other logistics).
- Regarding Classroom Snacks: Currently, PTA has budgeted $111/class/year for snacks. Attendees comment that this is a very small amount. Discussion occurred about possibly increasing this funding. However, we (Attendees) are not clear about what is needed and what snack process is currently in each class. Are all classrooms getting snacks? For the classrooms which are, how are snacks distributed? What type of snacks do teachers want? What is working (and not working) in the classrooms regarding snacks? Amy and Kari (from Leadership) will discuss this with staff and get back to us. No change in the budget at this time.
- Regarding monthly teacher lunches logistics (lunches provided on 2nd Friday of each month). These are very appreciated by staff. Will add funding for creamer (including vegan). Motion approved to increase the line item for Teachers Luncheons to $350.00/month for the remainder of this school year. Attendees discussed the possibility of Ivy staff picking up food or having it delivered, rather than having PTA volunteers coordinate delivery (because it’s been very difficult to arrange). Amy and Kari will discuss with staff and let Leah know.
Hello Flo- rolling out in March
Snack fund for classrooms (discussed in Treasurer’s report)
Discretionary spending by Room Parents for each classroom (discussed
in Treasurer’s report)
No raffle this year
Spirit Fridays- the first one was very popular. Next one is Futuristic
Rollerskating, 1/24/16 (@ Oaks Park), 1-5pm. Coupons will be left in front
hallways of each campus.
Game night 4/28/16 (Heidi may change this)
Family movie night (Heidi will look into it)
- Spring work party – date TBD
- Neighborhood clean up – date TBD
- Earth Day activity 4/22/16. Maybe SOLV clean up? Maybe Art Installation at the bus stop? Muriah and Becky to discuss with other involved parties
- Discussed having a ball/equipment drive – in February. PTA to buy a mesh bag for each classroom to store the balls/equipment. To be announced in February newsletter (Muriah & Becky will arrange).
Monthly teacher lunches
All-staff meetings are always on the 2nd Friday of each month; next all-Ivy Staff mtg is Friday Feb 12; we have a Google worksheet with all of the known dietary restrictions that Liz created to help ease our ordering process
- Bookstore fundraiser went “really well”
- Annual fund off to “a great start” (10% to goal so far)
- Montessori Collaborative Education Effectiveness Design team meeting was attended by Ivy staff. Purpose is to create specific ways to evaluate Montessori teachers. We are collaborating with 5 other Montessori schools in Oregon. Rebecca and Claire are participating.
- Prescott playground flooding- “a lake!”. Over $8K was estimate to repair drain. There is a fair amount of work we could do ourselves. DIY w/ Outdoor Committee- perhaps fold into the spring work party? Robyn (Ivy Board fundraiser) is applying for a Lowe’s grant- if awarded, this could help offset costs of this repair considerably.
- Recent Newsletter ask “Community Visioning: Where are we now?” Please email the Admin team with ideas/answers.
- Professional Development. Board says thank you for funds.
Box top program – Muriah will process them
Tabled for next meeting
Morris break room program
System for stocking coffee and cream at each campus
Next General PTA meeting will be February 10, 2016 at 6:30 pm at the Morris campus.
The meeting was adjourned at 7:47 PM.