Ivy School Parent Teacher Association (PTA) General Meeting Minutes
04.13.2016 Morris Garden
Council & Committee Chairs Present:
JacQueline, Muriah, Jenny, Heidi, Anna
Parents: Tony (Jenny’s husband & Ivy parent)
Leadership Present: None (Ivy lottery is tonight at Prescott)
Motion to approve Ivy PTA general meeting minutes 03.09.16
The general meeting minutes were approved as drafted.
- None. Will review at May PTA meeting.
Teacher/Staff Appreciation week plans (mostly per Anna- Room Parent Coordinator) May 9-13
- There was a misunderstanding regarding ‘testing time’ snacks: PTA thought snacks were to be made available only for 3rd graders during testing times, but actually other grades (3rd & up) will need snacks. This increases the cost. There is currently $800 for snacks in the budget (for ‘testing’ snacks and regular snacks for the remainder of the school year). JacQueline will plan to give Anne O’Neal a portion of the $800 to use for ‘testing’ snacks.
- Anna: all of the room parents will be coordinate within their own rooms to provide teachers w/ Teacher Appreciation Week gifts (i.e. parents will sign up to bring in coffee, flowers, breakfast items, etc.) Sign-up genius will be sent out. Parents will be paying for this out of pocket. We (PTA) may be able to supplement the breakfast treats- Caitlyn says we have $1,000.00 for this. For May 9-13. Anna is looking into hiring a masseuse. Room parents will use some funds to fill a “bin” with coffees, teas, etc this week for future use by Staff. How about support staff? Motion to approve $20 gift card- approved. For 11 staff: Matt, Jillian, Liz, Amy, Anne, Kari, Tomas, Mary, Peter, Fernando, Paul.
Morris break room
- $500-1000 allocated. Heidi has an idea for partitioning off Mary’s area (Willamette Room). Heidi will talk w/ Morris staff about this idea.
- $439 left in Outdoors committee.
PTA Nominations for 2016-17 year
- Muriah has 3 people in mind to chair Outdoors Committee (folks who previously showed interest). Muriah will get back to us after she asks them if they’d like to take this position on.
- Anna will Chair the Spirit committee- she is looking for a Co-Chair. Darcy and Kelly gave strong “probably’s”- Anna will let us know their final answer. Anahelena- nominate for Fundraising?? Heidi will contact her and find out.
- IN SUMMARY for PTA nominations, we have:
President: Leah M
Secretary: Laura S
Treasurer: Caitlyn H
Fundraising: OPEN (Anahelena?)
Spirit: Anna (+ CoChair- Darcy or Kelly?)
Room parent coordinator: OPEN
Outdoors Committee: OPEN (Muriah is going to contact 3 people)
(From last meeting: Leah will advertise openings on the FB page and newsletter; Jenny will post to Google Group)
Next General PTA meeting will be Wednesday, May 11, 2016 at 6:30 pm at the Prescott campus.
The meeting was adjourned at 7:26pm.