Ivy School Parent Teacher Association (PTA) General Meeting Minutes (Draft)
May 11, 2016
Council & Committee Chairs Present: Beth, Leah, Jenny, Heidi, Muriah
Others present: Joy, Maya, a dad
Leadership Present: Liz
Members status: ~ 30 members
PTA nominations status
President: Leah M
Secretary: Laura S
Treasurer: Caitlyn H
Spirit: Anna Doogan, Darcy Perry, Kelly Jeske
Room parent coordinator: Resa Gutierrez-Tufts & Christine Steele will
Outdoors Committee: Joy Rothschild, Julianne Baxter
Motion to approve April 13, 2016 general meeting minutes
The April 13, 2016 general meeting minutes were approved as drafted.
Ivy Leadership update
- Contact Robyn to ask about opportunities for Auction support.
- Stephen Bartley- new I.T. guy (will be complying with Child Internet Protection Act [CIPA])
- NEW Password-protected section for parents on the website (newsletters, calendar) . Click on ‘For Ivy Parents’ and password is: Broadway.
- Risk Management Walk-through at Morris occurred.
- Geercrest field trips went well
- Policy work with OSBA (Oregon School Board Assn) is underway
- Continue to look for a unified building for UE and LE campuses
- Oregon Charter School Workgroup meets May 25th.
Hello Flo happening later this month
Discuss fundraising events timing; plan to do PTA fundraising early in the school year again
Morris break room update (Anna, Leah, Heidi working on this) – shelves and a screen. Plan to do this over summer break right after school ends. $1000 budget.
Pajama day, May 20!
Will discuss with Caitlyn possibly allocating $300 for Outdoor Committee projects for August work party and early fall gardening (the 2016-2017 budget will not yet be approved)
Next General PTA meeting will be Wednesday, June 8 at 6:30 pm at the MORRIS campus in the GARDEN (weather permitting)
The meeting was adjourned at 7:30PM.