Children’s House @ Ivy
Montessori education is a continuum experience, with children ideally enrolling by age three. Children choose their work from self correcting material kept on open shelves. Overtime children develop the skill of working with high concentration, moving from undisciplined to self disciplined.
CRITERIA FOR READINESS
Entry for a developing 3- 4 year child into Children’s House @ Ivy is dependent on several developmental milestones to ensure their success. This criterion includes:
- Child must be able to independently recognize their toileting needs
- Child will have experienced successful toileting at home for two full months before starting enrollment
- Child must demonstrate the ability and will to remove their own wet clothes and attempt to redress themselves
- Child must exhibit expressive language skills in their first language
- Such as self and family member words
- Can speak a short sentence
- Child must show receptive language skill and be able to:
- Follow one step instruction
- Child must exhibit impulse control appropriate to their age
- Child displays ability to separate from parent without undue stress after an adjustment period
The Children’s House @ Ivy is a full day program
- Child functions well without a nap both at school and at home
- Child shows independence in eating
- Child maintains engagement in the classroom for the entire day after and adjustment period
ENROLLMENT & ADMISSIONS
The Children’s House @ Ivy Admission Process
- Fill out the online application. Applications for enrollment are accepted on a first come first serve, space available basis. Placement is carefully made by the enrollment team taking into account the child’s readiness, the child needs, classroom availability and the current demographics of each classroom.
- Once the application has been submitted, Ivy will contact you to schedule a tour and family interview. The main focus of the interview/discussion is to communicate key principles of Montessori, explore Ivy’s mission and vision and your goals for your child ultimately determining whether Ivy will be a good fit for your family and your child.
- The enrollment committee considers and evaluates prospective students using all information collected and space available in the program. The final admissions decision involves an evaluation of the student’s ability to benefit from and thrive in the program. If your family is accepted for admission, you will receive a letter of acceptance along with instructions to complete the application for enrollment. You will also receive an enrollment agreement. The signed enrollment agreement and required deposit will reserve your child’s space.
TUITION AND FEES
Monthly Rate 5 days per week
|Half Day||Currently Unavailable|
|Full Day||8:15am -3:00pm||$1000|
*6 aftercare spots available
To secure enrollment, a deposit $1500 is required. The $500 portion of the deposit is non-refundable and will be applied towards your first month’s tuition. The $1000 portion is applied to last month’s tuition and is non-refundable.
*Deposit rates may differ for students on scholarships.
An annual $350 Material Fee is due at the time of the first month’s tuition payment for each enrolled child.
We do not offer a sibling discount