FOR IVY FAMILIESAll the info you need as an Ivy School family
WELCOME TO THE 2020-2021 SCHOOL YEAR
- 2020-2021 School Calendar PDF
- ics file for use in subscribing in your calendar app or use the button at the bottom of Google Calendar below
We use Bloomz for most communication. Please contact your teacher if you don’t have access. Most general queries can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org View our Contact Us page for phone numbers and address.
Please visit this page at the Oregon Dept. of Education and look for the link to the form 581-2282-M. Please either fill it in, print and sign (OR print, fill it in, and sign) then bring to the office with $5 either in the form of check or cash and we will process.
- 2020-21 Annual Notice for Statewide Tests (updated 3/10/21) English or Spanish
- 2020-21 30-day Notice and Opt-out Form (Updated 3/10/21)
Ivy is a tuition-free public charter school sponsored by the Oregon Department of Education. Because the state Board of Education is our school’s sponsor, the school district in which we are located (Portland Public School District) must contract with Ivy School to pay for educational services on a “per-student” basis. Charter school funding is only about 60%, per student, as compared with funding for Portland Public School attending students. The Ivy School seeks out grant funds, participates in fundraising, and asks families to contribute toward an annual activity fund to fill this funding gap. The Ivy Charter School is governed as an independent 501(c)3 non-proﬁt, with it’s own Board of Directors. Teachers may post a classroom wish-list for additional items such as pet food and specialty art supplies throughout the school year; parents may choose to contribute to this list. Thank you for your continued support of our teachers, the students and our classrooms! For parents of returning students please fill out this form if you have not done so already.
If you are interested in having your child attend our Children’s House in the Fall of 2021 please fill out this form.
LOST and FOUND
If you know your student will not attend the upcoming school year or are withdrawing them during the current year please use our online withdrawal form to let us know.
More information coming soon!
SAFE SCHOOLS TRAINING
SafeSchools Training is an online compliance management system that allows schools districts across the state of Oregon to easily train staff members on school-related safety issues to demonstrate state and federal compliance with safety mandates. SafeSchools courses have been authored by nationally renowned experts, and has been endorsed by a number of school boards and superintendent associations nationwide. As an Ivy School parent, you are welcome to register to take suggested training for Child Abuse: Identification & Intervention and Sexual Conduct: Staff-to-Student. Contact email@example.com if you are interested in accessing the Safe Schools training.
If a student or parent has a complaint regarding an event that takes place at school or during a school sponsored activity, the student or parent should take the following steps:
- Try to resolve the problem directly with those involved, if appropriate.
- The student or parent may seek assistance from a teacher or administrator, if direct problem solving is unsuccessful or inappropriate. The teacher or administrator will assist in resolving the problem to the best of his/her ability.
- If the matter is still not satisfactorily resolved, the grievance may be taken to any board member, in writing, who will share the grievance with the whole board. The board will review the grievance and advise the student or parent of the steps to be taken based on the nature of the grievance.
The Ivy School welcomes productive problem solving and opportunities to improve our program; personal attacks on staff members or other students/families will not be tolerated. When addressing a problem experienced at the Ivy School, please be courteous and respectful. Good problem solving occurs when all parties are focused on the issue rather than on personalities.