FOR IVY FAMILIESAll the info you need as an Ivy School family
WELCOME TO THE 2019-2020 SCHOOL YEAR
- 2019-2020 School Calendar PDF
- ics file for use in subscribing in your calendar app or use the button at the bottom of Google Calendar below
We use Bloomz for most communication. Please contact your teacher if you don’t have access.
Most queries can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Contact Us page may also be useful for phone numbers and address.
Please visit this page at the Oregon Dept. of Education and look for the link to the form 581-2282-M. Please either fill it in, print and sign (OR print, fill it in, and sign) then bring to the office with $5 either in the form of check or cash and we will process.
Check out our official School Policies
STUDENT PARENT HANDBOOK
see our Contact Us page
The Ivy School has an annual school fee of $300 due at the beginning of each year. This fee helps to cover the cost of fields trips, going outs and consumable supplies used by all students throughout the year. These supplies include: pencils, colored pencils, copy, construction and lined paper, glue sticks, erasers, cardstock, dry erase markers, scissors, Scotch tape, composition books, note cards, protractors, compasses and Kleenex. This fee is also used to help replace and repair our essential Montessori Materials.
For parents of returning students please fill out this form if you have not done so already.
Teachers may post a classroom wish-list for additional items such as pet food and specialty art supplies throughout the school year; parents may choose to contribute to this list. Thank you for your continued support of our teachers, the students and our classrooms!
LOST and FOUND
If you know your student will not attend the upcoming school year or are withdrawing them during the current year please use our online withdrawal form to let us know.
SAFE SCHOOLS TRAINING
SafeSchools Training is an online compliance management system that allows schools districts across the state of Oregon to easily train staff members on school-related safety issues to demonstrate state and federal compliance with safety mandates. SafeSchools courses have been authored by nationally renowned experts, and has been endorsed by a number of school boards and superintendent associations nationwide.
As an Ivy School parent, you are welcome to register to take suggested training for Child Abuse: Identification & Intervention and Sexual Conduct: Staff-to-Student.
Contact email@example.com if you are interested in accessing the Safe Schools training.
If a student or parent has a complaint regarding an event that takes place at school or during a school sponsored activity, the student or parent should take the following steps:
- Try to resolve the problem directly with those involved, if appropriate.
- The student or parent may seek assistance from a teacher or administrator, if direct problem solving is unsuccessful or inappropriate. The teacher or administrator will assist in resolving the problem to the best of his/her ability.
- If the matter is still not satisfactorily resolved, the grievance may be taken to any board member, in writing, who will share the grievance with the whole board. The board will review the grievance and advise the student or parent of the steps to be taken based on the nature of the grievance.
The Ivy School welcomes productive problem solving and opportunities to improve our program; personal attacks on staff members or other students/families will not be tolerated. When addressing a problem experienced at the Ivy School, please be courteous and respectful. Good problem solving occurs when all parties are focused on the issue rather than on personalities.