FOR IVY FAMILIESAll the info you need as an Ivy School family
WELCOME TO THE 2019-2020 SCHOOL YEAR
- 2019-2020 School Calendar PDF
- ics file for use in subscribing in your calendar app or use the button at the bottom of Google Calendar below
In partnership with Fresh n’ Local Foods, Ivy provides healthy, well-balanced meals that include tasty foods from all the food groups.
- Lunches can be purchased for $3.75 a day.
- Lunches must be pre-ordered and pre-paid on a month-by-month basis.
- If your family qualifies for free or reduced lunch please complete the Free-Reduced Price Lunch Application and return to our office.
- Children sometimes forget their lunch or have not pre-ordered lunch. Due to the nature of our ordering system, we are typically unable to provide lunches to those who have not ordered them before the deadline the previous month. Parents will be notified if a student is without a lunch from home or a pre-ordered school lunch.
To order your student lunch please fill out the form sent home each month.
If your child has a food allergy please contact Anne O’Neal at firstname.lastname@example.org before ordering school lunch.
Check out our official School Policies
STUDENT PARENT HANDBOOK
see our Contact Us page
The Ivy School has an annual school fee of $300 due at the beginning of each year. This fee helps to cover the cost of fields trips, going outs and consumable supplies used by all students throughout the year. These supplies include: pencils, colored pencils, copy, construction and lined paper, glue sticks, erasers, cardstock, dry erase markers, scissors, Scotch tape, composition books, note cards, protractors, compasses and Kleenex. This fee is also used to help replace and repair our essential Montessori Materials.
For parents of returning students please fill out this form if you have not done so already.
Teachers may post a classroom wish-list for additional items such as pet food and specialty art supplies throughout the school year; parents may choose to contribute to this list. Thank you for your continued support of our teachers, the students and our classrooms!
There’s something for everyone in Ivy After School (IAS) – whether your student needs some down time to relax and read, some active time to move and play, or structured activities and opportunities to continue with research or extend the work of the school day.
Enrollment in Ivy After School is on a space available basis. To learn more and to apply please utilize the IAS Enrollment Form and email it to email@example.com or drop off at either office.
- 2:45pm – 6pm Monday – Thursday
- 12:45pm – 6pm Friday
Please view the IAS Enrollment Form for information on current rates.
DROP-INS (now with a new digital form – see below)
We are happy to announce that we are offering Drop-in IAS services this year at our new building.
The rates are $25 per day Monday thru Thursday and $40 per Fridays!
Advance Notice Drop-ins: To request services, please use our Drop-in Form
Day of Drop-ins: To request drop-in service on the current day you MUST call 503-288-8553 to ensure availability. A confirmation call or email will be delivered to confirm that a drop-in day is available.
If you know your student will not attend the upcoming school year or are withdrawing them during the current year please use our online withdrawal form to let us know.
SAFE SCHOOLS TRAINING
SafeSchools Training is an online compliance management system that allows schools districts across the state of Oregon to easily train staff members on school-related safety issues to demonstrate state and federal compliance with safety mandates. SafeSchools courses have been authored by nationally renowned experts, and has been endorsed by a number of school boards and superintendent associations nationwide.
As an Ivy School parent, you are welcome to register to take suggested training for Child Abuse: Identification & Intervention and Sexual Conduct: Staff-to-Student.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in accessing the Safe Schools training.
If a student or parent has a complaint regarding an event that takes place at school or during a school sponsored activity, the student or parent should take the following steps:
- Try to resolve the problem directly with those involved, if appropriate.
- The student or parent may seek assistance from a teacher or administrator, if direct problem solving is unsuccessful or inappropriate. The teacher or administrator will assist in resolving the problem to the best of his/her ability.
- If the matter is still not satisfactorily resolved, the grievance may be taken to any board member, in writing, who will share the grievance with the whole board. The board will review the grievance and advise the student or parent of the steps to be taken based on the nature of the grievance.
The Ivy School welcomes productive problem solving and opportunities to improve our program; personal attacks on staff members or other students/families will not be tolerated. When addressing a problem experienced at the Ivy School, please be courteous and respectful. Good problem solving occurs when all parties are focused on the issue rather than on personalities.