Ivy School Parent Teacher Association (PTA) General Meeting Minutes
Nov 18, 2015
Council & Committee Chairs Present:
Leah, Beth, Caitlyn, Jenny, Laura, Muriah
Robyn, Development Chair
Liz, Exec Director
Motion to approve Oct 14, 2015 general meeting minutes
- The Oct 14, 2015 general meeting minutes were approved as drafted.
- Motion to approve 2015-16 PTA budget with the membership’s edits from tonight’s meeting. Planned budget income plus carryover from 2014-2015 school year: $32,432.29. Planned budget expenses plus reserve for 2016-2017 school year $27,665.00. Planned budget surplus of $4,767.29. Budget approved.
- Caitlyn reported we are in good standing and bank account is robust. Also, we met federal and state deadlines for tax and corporation filings.
- Peninsula Oddfellows donation $24 (May 21 is next festival). Leah will write them a Thank You note.
- Stocking coffee monthly for teachers
- Monthly lunch for teachers ($293.17 for 11/20/15)
- A Children’s Place bookstore fundraiser to be held Dec 3
- Beginning to compile teacher wishlists
- Exploring acknowledging teacher birthdays
- Ivy swag à Ivy school is planning to order
- Read-n-Write-athon progress: over 15,000 minutes so far! Children seem excited.
- Writing workshop was well received in upper el & middle school.
- Special day w/ Principal reading to students coming up in the next few weeks.
- Chinook Book fundraiser a success, just a slow start (ended up raising more than last year)
- Book swap update—participation just recently increased
- Monster Bowl was a success (over 100 people, $500 fundraised).
- “Spirit Fridays” begins in December for 1 Friday every month (3rd Friday most months). Will be published on Ivy Calendar. Will be announced in the December Newsletter.
- No parent night out in Dec
- January- Ivy Roller Skating party Jan 24, 1-5pm,
- Feb- Family movie night, Feb 19
- March- no event
- April- Game Night
- May- Testing Kick-Off Breakfast for 3rd grade
- events will be published in the Ivy Newsletter
- Nothing to report
- Anne and Karie attended Educational Equity training
- Liz and Amy will go in February 2016
- Ivy will be co-constructing an equity statement soon
- Right brain initiative (Arts) has started – focus is infusing art throughout the curriculum.
- SCRIP has started
- Robyn has been hired as Development Coordinator
- Legislative Session preparation to begin in next few months- will be announced in Newsletters
- Student Achievement Data shared (not yet final data)
- Thoughts on Ivy School Board Fundraising: planning organized appeal for monthly capital donations, Scrip opportunities, consider restaurant takeovers and other ideas. Considering auctions.
- Approve new mission statement
- Lice kits (magnifying glass, nit comb) for each campus
- Update on Hello Flo kits
Next General PTA meeting will be Wednesday, Dec 9 at 6:30 pm at the Morris campus.
The meeting was adjourned at 7:50 PM.