THE IVY SCHOOL
A Public Charter Montessori Elementary and Middle School in Portland, Oregon
Welcome to Ivy School
EMPOWERING CREATIVE LEARNING IN NORTH PORTLAND
The Ivy School currently serves students from Kindergarten-8th grade in North Portland (contact information).
CURRENT FAMILIES: Go to For Families
- Our FOR FAMILIES page has most of the information you need including After School Applications
- CALENDAR: 2019-2020 School Calendar PDF or the digital format of the calendar on the FOR FAMILIES page.
- For most other things please refer to Bloomz (your teacher should have sent you an invitation)
PROSPECTIVE FAMILIES: Go to Enrollment
- We still have a few openings.
- Please apply using our Digital Post-Lottery Application or view our Enrollment Page for more information.
- Tour information can be found on the Enrollment Page.
EQUITY @ IVY
The Ivy School Community—leadership, teachers, staff, parents, and students—maintain an active, anti-racist/anti-bias stance and, as part of this work, examine and challenge our own experiences, biases, and assumptions. We sponsor an Equity Team to take meaningful steps toward educational equity and offering opportunities for social justice learning to the community throughout the year . Click here to view the entire Equity Code.
Ivy’s Capital Campaign
WE NEED YOUR SUPPORT
Ivy has found a new home at 5420 N. Interstate Avenue! It’s clear that this is the perfect place and the perfect time for the community to come together under one roof to learn, grow and thrive.
THE LOVE OF LEARNING
Montessori curricula are intended to appeal to the child’s innate hunger for knowledge. Children learn to love learning. Traditional curricula focus on standardized test performance and grades. Children learn because it is mandatory.
Montessori curricula expand in response to the students’ needs. Traditional curricula are predetermined without regard to student needs.
In Montessori schools, “grade-levels” are flexible and determined by the child’s developmental range. In traditional schools, grade levels are more strictly defined by age within a twelve-month period.